Note: This article was originally printed
for the newsletter in May of 2008:
“And this is the boldness we have in God’s presence : that if we ask God for anything that agrees with what he wants, he hears us. If we know he hears us every time we ask him, we know we have what we ask from him.” 1John 5:14-15
When can we say prayers to God? When does He
have time to listen? God is available whenever we need. God is
available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. There are so many
reasons to pray, so many cir-cumstances in our daily lives in which
we need God. He makes himself available whenever and wherever our
spirit inside wishes to be with our God in conversation and praise
In the Nov/Dec 2007 Pray! Magazine, Sandy Mayle in “Letters from Abba” gives some insight into why Prayer matters:
God loves to hear us pray, to be in conversation with Him. He made us in his image so we can share thoughts, feelings and understandings. Prayer is a conversation between us and God. Prayer is God’s idea but it remains our choice.
When we choose to listen to God, we are choosing Him over everything in our lives. God want us to get to know Him as well as He already knows us. He enjoys hearing our praise to Him.
Prayer really does change things. It brings order from chaos. It moves God’s hands, His angels, and his Spirit. God delights in giving and is the true source of all good.
“Ask, and God will give to you. Search, and you will find. Knock, and the door will open for you. Yes, everyone who asks will receive. Everyone who searches will find. And everyone who knocks will have the door opened.” Matthew 7:7-8
Have a beautiful, prayerful May!
Prayer Vigil in Grace’s Sanctuary (Enter from Grace’s front
entrance) is on Saturday May 4th from 10:00AM – 4:00PM.
Any questions?? 610-495-8587
Sue Perry, Prayer Coordinator
The devotion for the day can also be found on Grace’s Website: www.gracelutheranroyersford.com.
Please take advantage of our monthly
Prayer Vigil. (First Saturday of each month from 10AM-4PM) There are
a variety of prayer re-sources to use. One is a take home themed
folder, which has prayers and scripture listed. Our sanctuary is a
beautiful place to be when you are conversing with God one to one.
If you have a unique prayer story or experience to share with your Grace family, jot it down & give it to me or Email me at email@example.com.
First Saturday of every month from 10AM-4PM in Grace’s sanctuary.
The front door will be open.
May 2013 Prayer Focus
1. THANKING GOD FOR BEAUTIFUL SPRING/MAY DAY
2. BROTHERS AND SISTERS/B. AND S. DAY
4. LAUGHTER / WORLD LAUGHTER DAY
5. OUR MEXICAN NEIGHBORS / CINCO DE MAYO
6. HEALTHY EATING/NO DIET DAY
7. TEACHERS / NATIONAL TEACHERS’ APPRECIATION DAY
8. SCHOOL NURSES / NATIONAL SCHOOL NURSE DAY
9. CLOTHING/LOST SOCK MEMORIAL DAY
10. MILITARY SPOUSES DAY
11. EAT WHAT YOU WANT DAY
12. MOTHERS / MOTHER’S DAY
13. OUR SHUT-INS IN NURSING HOMES / NURSING HOME WEEK
14. PEOPLE WITH ADDICTIONS / GAMBLER’S WEEK
15. POLICEMEN / NATIONAL POLICE WEEK
16. TREES/LOVE A TREE DAY
17. OUR SERVICEMEN / ARMED FORCES DAY
18. OLDER AMERICANS / OLDER AMERICAN’S MONTH
19. OUR COUNTRY / I AM AN AMERICAN DAY
20. STRAWBERRIES/PICK STRAWBERRIES DAY
21. E.M.T.s / EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES WEEK
22. RESTFUL SLEEP / BETTER SLEEP MONTH
23. BOATERS / SAFE BOATING WEEK
24. DELICASIES/NATIONAL ESCARGOT DAY
25. OUR HOSPITAL EMPLOYEES / HOSPITAL WEEK
26. NATIONAL MISSING CHILDREN’S DAY
27. REMEMBERING THOSE WHO GAVE THEIR LIVES FOR OUR COUNTRY THIS MEMORIAL DAY
28. BEAUTIFUL SPRING WEATHER
29. GARDEN BOUNTY / INTERNATIONAL PICKLE WEEK
30. OUR FATHER, SON, AND HOLY SPIRIT
31. QUIETNESS /SAVE YOUR HEARING DAY